Monday, July 19, 2010

Not all of us who drink are poets, some of us drink because we're not poets

That's actually a quote from Arthur, which some may know is my favorite movie of all time. That has nothing to do with this entry, but it came to mind as I was mindlessly playing Meerca Chase at 4:30am.

Meerca Chase is a game on Neopets. That's the point of this entry. :) I had just showered and remembered upon getting out that I gave the job I'm supposed to have an interview with soon my more professional email address, which I haven't checked in almost a week. In a freak panic, I pulled my laptop back out and checked my email, breathed a sigh of relief there weren't 3 missed emails from them, and then somehow... ended up on Neopets. Apparently I had put it in my bookmarks on my Macbook Pro which I only use once in a blue moon, right now being because I'm at my grandma's and she finally got the internet (woot!).

So I have this thing with Neopets. It's a love-hate relationship. Once a year I become really addicted to the site for about a month, then I forget all about it for the rest of the year. The cycle will then repeat the following year when (like now) I'm reminded of it and how much I love some of their stupid flash games (faerie bubbles!). A few years ago I managed to accumulate enough neopoints to put together the map that lets you zap your pets into different colors, and I went crazy on the games trying to get all these trophies.

I'll see you all in a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment