Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Undateable

I was originally going to make this new blog somewhere to solely discuss & rate movies, since I'm completely obsessed with them, but to change it up sometimes I want to post things like this. Go figure this ends up being my first post in here.

Tonight I was up late (this isn't unusual) and caught an episode of this weird show on VH1 called "Undateable" which was counting down the top 311 things guys do to "guarantee they won't be dating or having sex". I was laughing so hard a half hour into this show I rewinded it with my DVR to make a list of the 20 that they were discussing. Here's 80-60.

80. Aggressive Sports Fan
79. Murse (Man-Purse)
78. Whining
77. Japris/Jhorts (Jean-Capris/Shorts)
76. Air Guiter
75. Saying "Boner"
74. Fake Swearing
73. Hawaiian Shirts
72. Overly Creative Voicemail
71. Names for Breasts (yuck yuck yuck!)
70. Listening to Lite FM
69. Skull Wears
68. Speaking in a Cartoon Voice
67. Can't Throw a Baseball
66. Pet Names for your Penis
65. Crocs
64. Pitted out Shirts (Pit Stains)
63. Booyah!
62. Tap That/Hit That
61. Dungeons & Dragons
60. LARPing (Live Action Role Playing)

Clearly the people who made this list were a little anti-geek so I don't agree with all of it (D&D for example I don't care about, especially since I avidly play World of Warcraft, though someone who seriously LARPs would be pushing it). I kind of hate sports, so I could care less if a guy could throw a baseball and I definitely would never date an "aggressive sports fan" (as the show said, these guys are more in a relationship with the game/their team and you're their mistress). I do have a soft side for girly men, but I don't want them carrying a man purse, that's really creepy. I did date a guy who wore basically nothing but Hawaiian shirts for the entire first year I knew him, but I think this depends on the person, and my ability to look past it. I also dated a guy who used the word "boobies" sometimes, usually because he knew I hated it and would tease me with the word. I still hated it, nicknames for boobs is a huge pet peeve. No one should do it, it's not attractive hearing boob nicknames, and using the word "boobies" is an indicator of immaturity. PASS. All other things on this list I'm rather neutral about, with the exception of anyone who'd ever say "I wanna tap that", because that's the cue to immediately walk away. Any guy who uses that term is an asshole. Lastly, Japris make anyone look fat/unappealing. I don't approve of girls wearing them either, not that I know anyone that does. And who the hell says the word "boner", ever? I can see that in an American Pie movie from the 90's... but that's about it.

Overall a good list, I wanna catch the rest of these shows to see what made their #1. I hope it's snoring, because that's certainly my #1. I know it can't be helped, but god it's annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment