Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I adore Chris Rock

I love Chris Rock. I have for a long time, and tonight I happened to catch my favorite comedy special of his on tv, "Never Scared". I could recite this whole thing from beginning to end I've seen it so many times (kind of like the movie Mrs. Doubtfire, and, well, a lot of movies actually). I ended up in a strip club for a half hour this past weekend with my best friend (she was "curious", and it would require a special post all its own), but it reminded me of Chris Rock's bit in this special where he says "When did clear heels become the new whore uniform? When did that happen? Was there a big ho convention, and all the hoes got together and said: "We need something new! Something that just says nasty"...And one girl said: "I got it! Clear heels!" Ooh, girl, you disgusting!"
It was running through my mind the entire time I was in there, that and "why is this chair so sticky?" but I couldn't think about the second one too long without getting really disgusted. We left when my friend was horrified to her complete satisfaction.

I got to see Chris Rock in person on the short-lived Jay Leno show last October in LA. He happened to be his guest and was just as hilarious in person. He also looks like he never ages, which is another thing I'll probably make a post about soon because I'm really tired of people being shocked when I tell them that no, I'm not 16.

I'll leave you with Chris Rock's take on relationships. The only good relationships are bad ones, "you gave me crabs, that's exciting! I wonder what tomorrow's gonna bring"

No comments:

Post a Comment